- Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness
of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth
beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not
bow down thyself to them, nor serve them for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the
children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain for
the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou
labor, and do all thy work but the seventh day is the sabbath of
the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy
son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy
cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates for in six days
the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is,
and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath
day, and hallowed it.
- Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon
the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet
thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor
his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.
- The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1st John 1:7
- As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must
the Son of man be lifted up, that whosoever believeth in him should
not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:14-16
- Without faith it is impossible to please God. Hebrews 11:6
- There is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby
we must be saved. Acts 4:12
- Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy-laden, and I will
give you rest. Matthew 11:23
- Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my
brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40
- Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every
creature. Mark 16:15
- Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. Luke 10:27
- Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the
devil shall cast some of you into prison that ye may be tried. Be
thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- …all Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for
instruction in righteousness; 2 Timothy 3:16
- Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets; I
am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you,
Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise
pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall
break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he
shall be called the least in the kingdom of Heaven; but whosoever
shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the
kingdom of Heaven. Matthew 5:17-19
- Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in
whose heart is my law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be
ye afraid of their revilings. For the moth shall eat them up like a
garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool; but my
righteousness shall be forever, and my salvation from generation to
generation. Isaiah 51:7, 8
- Giving all diligence, add to your faith, virtue; and to virtue,
knowledge; and to knowledge, temperance; and to temperance,
patience; and to patience, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly
kindness; and to brotherly kindness, charity.
- He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment;
and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I
will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
- Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I
confess also before my Father which is in Heaven. But whosoever
shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father
which is in Heaven. Matthew 10:32, 33
- My grace is sufficient for thee. Take my yoke upon you, and
learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find
rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:29, 30
- All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer
persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12
- The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have
right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into
the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers,
and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a
lie. Revelation 22:14, 15
- To the law and to the testimony. If they speak not according to
this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isaiah
- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust
of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of
the world. 1 John 2:15, 16
- I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. Galatians 5:22,
- For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
yourselves; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
- Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up
your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come
and rain righteousness upon you. Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou
didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.
Therefore shall a tumult arise among thy people, and all thy
fortresses shall be spoiled, Hosea 10:12-14
- he that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8
- The Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. Luke 9:56
- God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but
that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17
- Not every one that saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into
the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father
which is in heaven. Matthew 7:21
- From Mrs. White:
- To protect liberty of conscience is the duty of the State, and this is the limit of its authority in matters of religion. Every secular government that attempts to regulate or enforce religious observances by civil authority is  sacrificing the very principle for which the evangelical Christians so nobly struggled.